Thursday, January 17, 2013

Tiny Spaces

My husband and I are both fascinated by "tiny houses." For example, those 365 sq. feet fully furnished Ikea houses in their showrooms, the only part of the store that he doesn't hate with a passion. But they don't seem that real. Especially when we come back to our ample sized town home at the end of the day.

Today I stumbled across the inspiring blog, Reading My Tea Leaves, about a couple who lives in a 240 sq. foot apartment. They not only live there, but thrive and blog about life in this beautiful little home.

amazing small apartment design west elm modern home
                                                                         <via>


I enjoyed reading through their "survival tips" for people living in tiny spaces. It definitely gave me perspective as I perused through the tips. I come home from the grocery store and grumble about not having a pantry. And think, gee wouldn't it be nice to have a medicine cabinet in our bathroom. But today I'm amazed at the possibilities my 1200 ft town home has to offer. If someone can make a functioning household in a space 1/6 of mine, there is no reason we all can't!

Color me inspired! When I walk through my door tonight I'm going to see a great big space brimming with opportunities! Make sure you stop by Reading My Tea Leaves and see their darling little space!

No comments:

Post a Comment